A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Little Christmas Things

As I mentioned before I've been caught up knitting lots of quick-knit projects. With the holidays on their way I've turned my attention to little Christmas things. I've had some fun and now I have some ornaments & stocking stuffers to give my family.

I knit these Christmas Trees by first knitting a big square out of Cascade 220 and then felting it (and I mean I really felted it, like 4-5 times through the washer).


Christmas Trees

I then had material I could cut shapes out of. I had my husband make a tree template for me (he asked why I didn't just go buy felt). Then I glued on the stars and gems. I'm not sure what I'm going to put on the big tree yet. The two smaller trees have pin backs on them so I might wear one on Christmas.

I made snowman ornaments last year. This year I made one but changed up the eyes and nose. The basic pattern is from the "Knit Christmas Stockings!" Book by Gwen Steege.


Snowman

This Santa Hat is made out of leftover red Karabella Aurora 8 yarn from the snowman and some sparkly white yarn I had lying around. I added a loop at the top so I could hang it as an ornament.


Santa Hat

Lastly I made this heart ornament out of Cascade 220 Quattro. I knit two hearts by starting from the bottom, increasing on each side as I went along. Then I bound off half the stitches and worked on one side of the top, decreasing on one side as I worked my way up. Then I picked up the bound off stitches on the other side to finish the other side top.


Heart

I mattress stitched them together, leaving the top open and then I felted the heart pouch to make it sturdier. The last touch was stringing some beads on some thread and attaching the it to the inside of the heart. Some lucky someone might get a gift on the tree via this heart.

~ Christina

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The santa is still my fave, but I somehow missed the hat! Love it! You are on xmas fire with all the tree chotchkes.

8:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! You've been quite busy with Christmas projects. :)

3:12 PM

 
Blogger karrie said...

I love the ornaments! The santa hat is my favorite.

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home