A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mini Stocking

One of the items I was working on while in Mendocino with my Mom was this Mini Stocking. I've felted it a bit, but I think it needs to go back in for one more cycle, as you can still see more of the stitch definition then I want.


Mini Felted Stocking

The pattern, with a few minor modifications, is from the "Knit Christmas Stockings!" Book by Gwen Steege. I was going to make Christmas Stockings for some of my family members this Christmas, but with only 60 days until Christmas I doubt they will all get done in time. Anyhow, this Mini Stocking has the same basic pattern as the larger stocking from the book that I was going to make. But after doing the AfterThought Heel, I don't like the way it looks, so I think I'm going to do a Short Row Heel instead.

I think I'm going to turn this into an ornament. I'll just add an icord (made into a loop) at the top on the back of the opening. I'm also going to add beads to the holly and on the green field in the middle of the sock, before the toe. It just needs something extra.

~ Christina

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little stocking! I made mini stockings (though not felted) for my coworkers last year and loved doing it. It's such a quick little project that turns out so cute. Your bead idea is really good too! If you want to save time on the loop you can just do a crochet chain instead of i-cord. Happy knitting! :)

2:39 PM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Cuteness! Good idea to do ornaments, I think they sell for some ridiculous price at Anthropologie.

6:30 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks! And great idea about the crochet chain loop Mel. That's about all I can do by the way of crochet!

~ Christina

9:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home