A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Pink Cable Scarf

A couple of weeks ago I celebrated my three-year wedding anniversary. My DH took me to the Big Sur River Inn for the weekend. The inn is pretty rustic (kinda reminded me of the cabin we lived in last year), but it was really clean and the restaurant was pretty yummy. But the best part about the inn is the river that runs through the property. They place these large wooden chairs in the middle of it and you can sit and relax, with the water gurgling all around you. So nice!


Big Sur River Inn

So of course I had to sit and knit in the chair! I wanted to make a scarf for my freind Jen and she requested something warm in a light pink. Well cables are perfect for Jen so I decided it was time for me to tackle them. I made a swatch while enjoying my spot in the river, and used the river water to "block" my swatch.


Pink Cable Scarf Swatch

I'm using Cascade 220 yarn on size 7 needles. The swatch has three cables, the first and third are 2 stitches x 2 stitches and the third is 3 stitches by 3 stitches. I think I'm going to make them all 3 x 3 and do one less purl stitch between them. I'm also going to add another purl stitch on either end so there's more room before the one-stitch rib on the edges. This has been fun. I think I'm going to be on a cable kick for a while!

~ Christina

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I love that Inn! We've never stayed there, but every time we're out on the coast we head out there for dinner. Last weekend we were thwarted (after driving all that way) because the whole place was closed for a wedding. It is so beautiful there with the creek running through it!

I like your cable pattern too!

9:58 AM

 
Blogger spinnity said...

Fat cables will be lovely in that pink yarn. What a nice getaway, to knit in the river!

12:38 AM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

I have to point this out to my DH for a future anniversary date!

Congrats on tackling cables -- good for you! And glad to see you're posting again. Hoping to see you on Wednesday in Santa Clara.

12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home