A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Snowman Ornaments

Every year my roommates from college (there were 5 of us) and our husbands get together for a holiday dinner. This year Brandi hosted the party, and again this year Maile wasn't able to make it as she is still in freakin' Tennessee (Maile come back to CA). Anyhow, last December I had been knitting for a little less than a year and I decided to knit everyone ornaments (we don't exchange gifts...its a rule). So I knit pathetic endearing felted Christmas trees. Everyone was gracious and actually accepted them.

I now have almost two years under my knitting belt so I decided to to try something a bit more challenging. I knit snowman ornaments. (Actually in the book they were snowman dangles that hung off of a Christmas stocking.)


Snowman Ornament

I got the basic pattern out of my "Knit Christmas Stockings!" Book by Gwen Steege. Instead of using the Filatura di Crosa 501 yarn the pattern called for I used Karabella Aurora 8 yarns as that’s what Knitting Arts had in stock of similar gauge. The first two I made didn’t look right so I modified the pattern by knitting it in white, without the buttons, eyes or mouth, and then embroidered those on later. I also just used three strands of yarn for the scarf instead of making a crochet chain. I think they came out ok...at least they’re better then the trees from last year!

~ Christina

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, he's super cute! I wish I had time to knit ornaments. *pout*

-Jeni

11:29 AM

 
Blogger Bogie said...

Ooooo! I want to make a whole army of snowmen.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thank you! The little guy is about 3" tall. And once I made a couple they went pretty fast. Maybe 30 minutes each. Bogie you could make a snowman army!

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Lori said...

so cute!!!

6:59 PM

 
Blogger Dympna said...

A snowman army.
That has an interesting ring to it. LOL

1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home