A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Feria Urbana

Sorry I've been silent for the last few days. I've been busy getting ready for Feria Urbana at the Canvas Café in San Francisco.


Warm Fuzzy Knits @ Feria Urbana on Nov. 11, 2004

Mostly I needed to sew the lining and attach the handles on this purse I made (with yarn from my KRSP IPal Molly). Did I mention that I taught myself how to use my sewing machine at the same time? So the sewing isn't the best.


Kureyon Felted Pink Striped Bag

I also needed to finish this hat I had started.


Grey & White Stripped Hat

And I was hoping to sew the lining on these two purses and attached the handles, but as you can see I didn't get the handles on in time. I also wasn't happy with the way the handles turned out on the first bag so I need to visit the Knitters Review Forum and see if anyone has any suggestions.


Kureyon Felted Tropical Bag & Cascade 220 Purple Felted Bag

The fair was a success as my sister and I sold enough items to break even and make a small profit. As long as we can support our yarn habit we're happy.

In any case I promise to post more often and get back to your responses sooner now that the event is over. Then again I have another one coming up on December 19th...

~ Christina

6 Comments:

Blogger Dympna said...

Silly me. I have no idea how to post an url. LOL
It should be http://photos.yahoo.com/twomuchtea.
Wish I had known you were at Canvas Cafe.
My hairdresser is across the street so I am often in the neighborhood.

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Do let me know the next time you are selling! About a week ago my fiance and I were at an open house for our friend Sue's jewelry business, and she had two other artists, a photographer and a painter, filling out the room. Definitely room for Warm Fuzzy Knits! She lives over in Santa Cruz and does these mini-craft fairs once or twice a year. She sells a TON of stuff.

10:26 AM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Dympna: Your Bourne Supremacy Scarf looks great. Thanks for the link to your album.

Knuknitter: Sue's open house events sound fun. We were next to a jewelry designer at Feria Urbana and she did really well too. Thanks for the offer to connect me with Sue. I'd love that!

6:16 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks Jenika!

6:41 PM

 
Blogger Molly said...

Hi, Christina! I've been meaning to post a message that your Noro felted bag came out really cute, and I like that you used non-knitted handles for it. Makes a lot more yarn avaiable for the bag.

I also didn't realize how much pink it had in it! I thought it was going to be much more purple and orange for some reason. If I'd known it had that much pink I would have sent you something else! :) I hope it found a good home. :)

Love your blog. Happy Knitting!
Molly :)

1:18 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for the compliment on my Noro bag. I LOVE the pink in it. And my sister likes it so much she's trying to convince me to give it to her. I just might have to! ;)

Thanks again for being such a great pal!

~ Christina

4:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home