A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Bourne Supremacy Scarf

On my way to the Knitting Meetup last night I stopped off at Knitting Arts to see if I could find yarn for Patti's Bourne Supremacy scarf. It's the scarf Julia Stiles wears in the movie.


Matt Damon & Julia Stiles in "The Bourne Supremacy"

Anyhow, I forgot to bring the yarn info I got off of a post about this scarf on Knitter's Review Forum. The woman working at Knitting Arts was nice enough to go online and look the info up for me. I thought that was so cool. It's Berroco's Medley in color 8913. Unfortunately they only had one ball, so I bought it for swatching. If I decide I like the way the swatch looks I can always go online and buy more of the yarn.

I had a great time at the Knitting Meetup last night. There were more people there then I've seen at previous Meetups. It was so much fun to see what everyone else was working on. I met a KnuKnitter who was wearing a fabulous poncho she had made. And two women who were new to the group (and I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember their names) were knitting with some beautiful, soft, fondlicious Lorna's Laces yarn they got at Jimmy Bean's Wool in Truckee. I'm definitely going to need to take a trip up to Tahoe this winter to check that store out!

6 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Funny...I guess there are two Bourne Supremacy scarves. The one everyone talks about in the KR post is worn by Julia Stiles (seen in the photo on my blog). It's more teal/purple looking. Now I'm going to have to search out the one worn by Franka Potente in the movie!

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Sounds like a neat project, track down cute knit-bits from various movies (also love Julia Roberts' hat in Stepmom designed by Valentina Devine) and make sure folks can find the patterns. Agree that Julia S's scarf is fab! Can't wait to see a real live one. And thanks for poncho props!

12:03 PM

 
Blogger spinnity said...

Hey,was it really Lorna's Laces yarn Pam & Mel were knitting wiht? No wonder it was so soft & gorgeous. Mel is a friend of mine (her man works with my man at a startup in Belmont) and I can hook you up as needed.

I also had a great time at the meetup on Wednesday and got some very useful help on my hosed up sock heels for the Step Above socks.

ttfn,
-m

4:14 PM

 
Blogger Dympna said...

I ordered the yarn for the scarf.
Terrible what happens to you when you are reading blogs at 2am.
Let us know what you think is the best way to knit the scarf. My yarn should come tomorrow so I figure my girls and I will spend the weekend swatching the yarn.
Thank you very much for the links and inspiration.

11:35 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for the offer Spinnity. If I ever need to get a hold of Mel I'll let you know. I just might need directions from her to Jimmy Bean's Wool!

9:28 PM

 
Anonymous val said...

I made this in crochet and it turned out beautifully. I need to make another so if you have any left, please contact me!

val(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thank you!!!!!!

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home