A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Quick & Easy Hat

I needed a break from Chica's sweater and swatching, so I decided to make this quick & easy hat.


Quick & Easy Hat

I lost the yarn label long ago, so I can't tell you what it is (I thought it might be Rowan Biggy Print but I can't find a color match), but I do know that I used size 15 circular and double pointed needles. I cast on 44 stitches and worked three rows in seed stitch. I then knit the rest of the hat in stockinette stitch. I began decreasing when I had knit 15 rows. I knit two stitches, then knit two together (k2tog), knit two stitches then k2tog all the way around the hat. Then I knit a round without any decreases. The next row I knit one then k2tog all around the hat. Another round with out decreases and then a final row of k2tog every stitch. From there I threaded my yarn through the 11 stitches and pulled them together to finish off the hat. The final step was to weave my ends in.

What I like best about projects like this is how quickly they knit up. This project probably took me about 2 hours. And now I have a hat to wear when winter comes around.

Well I'm off to San Luis Obispo for the weekend, so Happy Knitting and I'll talk at you next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home