A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Monday, November 01, 2004

I'm back...

The wedding was wonderful! We were a bit worried it would rain but instead we had a beautiful day and didn't even need to wear the shawls the bride bought us. I knit a wine bottle cozy for the gift basket we had delivered to their room for the wedding night. I got the pattern when I bought the yarn at Knitting Arts. Once the newlyweds are back from the honeymoon I can take a photo and post it.

Ok, so I just read over Nancy's comment on the Bourney Supremacy Scarf post again and realized she was talking about the scarf Franka Potente wears in the first movie: The Bourne Identity, rather then the second: The Bourne Supremacy. Great reading comprehension Christina! I did a search and found the scarf Nancy was talking about...I like it. I might have to add it to my list of future projects.


Franka Potente in "The Bourne Identity"

I haven't had a chance to cast on for the Borne Supremacy scarf so dympna if you have you'll have to let me know how it's going.

Lastly, I got another postcard from my KRSP. Apparently she went to the zoo and spent some time with the polar bears. :) I love getting mail. I'm feeling so spoiled. Thanks pal!


KRSP II Postcard 03 - Henry Vilas Zoo

~ Christina

4 Comments:

Blogger Dympna said...

I finished my scarf yesterday and took pictures. As soon as I have them up on my photo album I'll let you know.
I used 3 skeins of the Berroco Medley. Then I use a little of the 4th to make the fringe. I used three lenghts of yarn per fringe. The are 12 inches long.
I used 20 stitchs and used the st st. I think it would look better in garter stitch. I just didn't feel like knitting every row. So it does curl, which I like. It is very warm and wrapped around my neck once it comes to my knees.
I am very pleased with the scarf.
Glad I was swayed to purchace the yarn.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Wow, you're fast! I can't wait to see photos of the finished scarf. Thanks for the info on the amount of balls you used and the length of your scarf. I think 4 balls will probably be what I use.

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Dympna said...

The photo looks good. I may try and post it this weekend.
I'm to exhausted from work and life. Hopefully I will wake up Saturday all vim and vinegar.
Dympna

10:00 AM

 
Blogger Christina said...

I hear you on the exhaustion part. I'll check your blog next week to see if you were able to post the photo. And I saw you might make a hat with the leftover yarn. Great idea!

6:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home