A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Monday, November 22, 2004

I'm in Knitting Heaven

I got so much knitting done this weekend, but even better I finished some projects! First I finished the cranberry scarf I started last week.


Cranberry Scarf

I then knit a quick hat to match a scarf my sister knit. The yarn is Laines Anny Blatt Rustique. I used size 9 needles and cast on 70 stitches. I then knit in garter stitch (since I was knitting in the round it was knit one row then purl the next) for 4 rows. I then knit in stockinette stitch (knit all rows) for almost 5 inches. I then began decreasing (k2tog) every 5 stitches. That left me with 56 stitches. Then I knit a round without decreasing. The next row I decreased (K2tog) every 4 stitches, then I knit a round without decreasing...you get the idea.


Anny Blatt Hat

I knit a pink baby hat with some leftover yarn I had in my stash. I used size 8 needles and cast on 60 stitches. I knit the entire thing in stockinette stitch and decreased like the hat above.


Pink Baby Hat

I also knit a quick, skinny, furry, metallic looking blue scarf out of one ball of Linie 73 Spot yarn. I used size 17 needles and cast on 9 stitches. I then knit in stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl the next row, repeat these two rows) until I ran out of yarn. I liked this scarf so much I bought more yarn from Knitting Arts and started a silver/black/white version.


Blue Linie Scarf & Silver Linie Scarf

I also started a variegated red scarf out of Plassard Rhapsodie color 663 and some furry red yarn I had lying around. I'm using size 11 needles and I cast on 9 stitches. I'm also doing this one in stockinette stitch.


Red Rhapsodie Scarf

Lastly I knit about an inch on Chica's Dog Sweater. I just really hate the yarn (it feels so scratchy and keeps untwisting) and so it's hard to knit more then a few rows before I move on to something else.

I wanted to finish the Cascade 220 Grey Felted Bag, but I don't think I'm going to have enough yarn for the handles. I checked some LYS and no one seems to have any in stock. So if you or anyone you know has any Cascade 220 in dark grey (color 4002) please let me know as I'll gladly buy it off of you!

~ Christina

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

wow congrats on getting so much knitting done! your scarves look wonderful and oh-so-fuzzy and fun to wear

2:04 AM

 
Blogger the knitrider said...

wow! what a great bunch of stuff! it all looks so fun to do though! i am also at the finishing and starting point of stuff so i know how exciting it feels! enjoy!

8:20 AM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

I think you are my hero. Amazing how much you have knit in less than a week! As I slog through the merciless inches of Blue Cardy, I keep thinking "scarves, scarves, scarves..."

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for your comments Lori, knitrider and knuknitter! I was out of town for Thanksgiving so I'm just finally getting to my blog. Anyhow, I just wish I got as much knitting done every weekend! It feels so great to finish a project. I seem to start a bunch all at once and then go a while without completing anything. Then I tend to finish a group of things all at once. Maybe I should spread things out a bit?

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home