A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Knitting Update

Ok, I finally have time for a knitting update. First a preview of some of the in-progress items I was able to complete over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

I finished the Silver Linie scarf and I really like the way it turned out. I knit it the same as the Blue Linie Scarf. I used size 17 needles and cast on 9 stitches of Linie 73 Spot yarn. I then knit in stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl the next row, repeat these two rows) until I ran out of yarn.

I also finished the Red Rhapsodie Scarf. It's really plush. The Rhapsodie yarn feels thicker when knit and the stockinette stitch gives it a nice spring.


Red Rhapsodie Scarf

Then I also knit two hats. Both are Cascade 220 Yarn (can't wash in hot water or they'll felt!) knit with an initial 80 stitches cast on. For the decreases I started with every 5th stitch, then knit a row without decreases, then decreased every 4th stitch, and so on. The taupe scarf has three rows of seed stitch at the brim. The brown fleck hat has three rows of garter stitch at the brim. This helps to keep the brim from rolling from the stockinette stitch.


Taupe & Brown Fleck Cascade 220 Hats

Now I guess I better focus on getting my Christmas gifts knit!

~ Christina

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow the scarf and hats look great. Looks like somebody's going to have warm friends and family this winter!

-Jeni

2:54 PM

 
Blogger spinnity said...

Gorgeous! Not only are the designs sweet, but your photography & attention to "posing" the knitting in an attractive background makes everything look so inviting!

We missed you Wednesday @ Meetup, hope the event went well. I'm all done with your video and can bring it to you Sunday or on the 15th.

6:27 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks ladies. Its amazing how a little posing can make ordinary knitting somehow look better. I think having a designer as a husband affects my need to pose my knitting. :)

The event went ok. Not great as I didn't even break even. Oh well...it's a learning experience.

I have a cookie party on Sunday, but I'm going to try and make it to knitting. See you then!

6:58 PM

 
Blogger the knitrider said...

hey those are some great hats! i love how simple they are! something else amazing... ryan nyquist! that is so cool you are related to him! me and my fiancé both ride (im mountain and he is street/mountain/trials/road) and i think its so cool to hear that you know someone like that! hope it serves for some interesting conversation!

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Lori said...

very nice! I saw your ads on CL as well! I think it's great that you put in pics. I'd never buy anything off CL w/o pics.

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home