A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Monday, May 30, 2005

CommuKNITy Yarn Purchase

I dragged my DH to CommuKNITy earlier in the week for some yarn shopping. I really like this new LYS. And the best part...two really great knitters that I know were working that day; Nancy and Erin were really helpful with my yarn selection/purchase. Thanks kids, it was great to see you two!

Here's what I got:


Cascade 220 & Artyarns Supermerino

The brown yarn is Cascade 220 in color 7822. My DH picked it out for the Fiber Trends Felt Clogs (by Bev Galeskas) I'm going to knit for him. The pattern calls for a double strand of heavy worsted wool, but we've been looking for months and he (meaning me) hasn't found any heavy worsted yarn in a color he really likes.


Fiber Trends Clogs (by Bev Galeskas)

The multi-color pink/green yarn is Artyarns Supermerino in color 105 for a Clapotis pattern (by Kate Gilbert) found on Knitty I'm going to knit for myself. (Yes I'm jumping on the Clapotis bandwagon). It's so soft and the colors make me happy.


Knitty Clapotis (by Kate Gilbert)

I love yarn. :)

~ Christina

4 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

Ahhh, another Clapotis to be. I've got one of those in my stash, but sadly not in Artyarns Supermerino. Are there 6 hanks total for the Clapotis? If so, you may need to alter the pattern slightly so you don't run out of yarn.

9:58 AM

 
Blogger spinnity said...

Yarn!

I also had a great time at CommuKnity last week - they told me you'd been in, so I was watching for a yarny post.

Also... at this rate, I'm going to be the only one on my block without a Clapotis!

11:58 PM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Another Clapotis! That pattern has been a huge hit.

I have got to get my butt over to CommuKNITy soon, I am behind the times! Of course, I have been discovering and appreciating our San Mateo LYS, Vanessa's. If only they had better hours.

3:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, it was great to see you too at the Meetup tonight. I'm thinking of heading over to Commuknitty tomorrow to get some Rowan that I couldn't find tonight. I've yet to get over there cuz it's in a spot of SJ that I don't frequent very much. I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe I'll see a couple of familiar faces as well. Love the Artyarn, BTW. Can't wait to see the Clapotis on the needles. I think you'll have fun with that one!

12:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home