A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Stash Swap!

At last Wednesday's Meetup we had a stash swap. I brought a basket full of yarn and intended to leave with nothing (yeah, right!). Instead I got:


LEFT: Samoa, Deco-Ribbon & Divine, RIGHT: More Divine

GGH Samoa, color 80
50% cotton, 50% Acrylic
4 balls (50g each)

Crystal Palace Deco-Ribbon, color 9234
70% Acrylic, 30% Nylon
1 ball (80 yards)

Patons Divine, color 06605 Orangina
79.5% Acrylic, 18% Mohair, 2.5% Polyester
1 skein (142 yards)

Patons Divine, color 06430 Richest Rose
79.5% Acrylic, 18% Mohair, 2.5% Polyester
1 skein (142 yards)

Patons Divine, color 06740 Floral Fantasy
79.5% Acrylic, 18% Mohair, 2.5% Polyester
1 skein (142 yards)

I'm thinking the orange yarn could be used together for a lap blanket. I don't know what I'm going to do with the two pink Paton skeins. Any suggestions?

~ Christina

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognize some of that yarn! :-) Hrm, what to do with the Paton's Divine... I made a scarf, but it didn't hold up that well. I think it would knit up better stranded with something else.

7:03 PM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Yay for the orange! So happy it's gone to a good home. The Samoa is very washable and knits up well on size 10 needles. Warning -- slight tendency to split, I had to be careful with it. But it's one of my favorite yarns, cotton lover that I am!

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for the tips & tricks...and the yarn!

~ Christina

11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home