A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Lucky Me!

I hope those of you who celebrate Christmas had a very Merry Christmas! I had a great time with my family on Christmas Eve and my Husband's family on Christmas day. I thought it would be fun to share the knitting related gifts I received (I feel so lucky!).

My sister, who is also a knitter, gave me 5 balls of soft and fun to knit with Karabella Aurora Melange yarn, color 0011.


Karabella Aurora Melange Yarn in Color 0011

It's 100% Extrafine Merino. The gauge is 18sts/26r=4in on size 7-8 needles. I've already started a hat with it (I'll post photos on that later this week).

My sister's boyfriend gave me a Denise Interchangeable Needle Kit.


Denise Interchangeable Knitting Kit

I've never knit with resin needles before (Most of my needles are bamboo) and I really like it. It's not as slippery as metal or as sticky as wood/bamboo. I have a feeling these needles will get a lot of use over the next few years!

My mom gave me tons of buttons and some purse handles. I'll show you these as I use them...there are just too many to try and photograph.

My husband got me a subscription to Vogue Knitting.


Vogue Knitting Magazine

This is the first knitting magazine subscription for me. I can't wait to get my first issue! He also got me a supercute knitting bag from Mackerilla.


Mackervilla Knitting Bag

We saw her stuff at a Feria Urbana and I hinted that I would love one of her bags for a knitting bag. It's the perfect size for a project or two.

My brother-in-law gave me a $50 gift certificate for Knitting Arts in Saratoga.


Knitting Arts Gift Certificate

It was pretty funny to hear him talk about his first visit to a knitting shop. He said he didn't know what to do with himself and was immediately identified by one of the clerks as a "gift certificate" buyer. I can't wait to go shopping for yarn!

~ Christina

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, great knitty gifts! i just love 'em.
froggyknits.com

1:38 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Santa brought me a Denise too - and I just love it!

4:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home