A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Riley's Elephant

In anticipation of my nephew Riley's arrival I knit him a stuffed elephant.



My sister started having contractions and dilating at just 32 weeks so she's been in the hospital on strict bed rest for the last two weeks. This photos was taken on the hospital chair/bed my brother-in-law has been sleeping on (poor guy).

The pattern is from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. I used two different colored strands (colors #s: 8400 & 4002) of Cascade 220 held together. I modified the pattern by making each section longer/taller as I wanted to felt it when I was done and I know felted knitting shrinks more heightwise. I also decided to knit a red scarf instead of a kerchief - also in Cascade 220 (color #: 9404). I used size 7 bamboo needles for all of the pieces. I'm not thrilled with how the arms look (you knit them seperately and then sew them on afterwards). I think if I were to knit this again I'd knit the arms directly onto the body. I'd also make the ears a lot smaller.

Hopefully Riley loves it!

~ Christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home