A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Baby Knits

So I promise this blog won't become all about babies, but baby knits are what I have been working on lately...when I have the energy to knit.

I decided to start with a manageable project: baby socks and a hat. I did some searching online and found a baby sock pattern I liked. It's the North Country Cotton Baby Socks pattern. I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn in color 608 that I bought from Three Dog Knit in Tahoe City. For the hat I just used an infant hat I had as a base for size and made up the pattern as I went along.


Baby Cashmerino Purple Sock and Hat Set

They look a bit big to me, so maybe they'll fit him when he's 6 months? Then again I won't how how big he is until after he's born!

I really like working with this yarn, so I went back and bought some more in color 204 to make another set. I'll post photos of it once I'm done.

~ Christina

3 Comments:

Blogger spinnity said...

Very sensible to pick a manageable & cute project for baby boy. I'm always choosing super ambitious & therefore never finished projects. I think I've got 6 now. Your way is way smarter, and look, so cute!

9:09 PM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

So nice, and don't worry, if they end up being the 6-month size, they'll fit him for longer!

4:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they look great, and so soft. Don't worry, my baby grew so fast that even the "big" sweater I knit for him fit lickety split.

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home