A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Soldier

My sister turned me on to this great website "My Soldier" that hooks civilians up with soldiers as pen pals. I'm not in support of the war in Iraq, but I am in support of the soldiers. The website has a link to some neat care package themes as well as a "Starter Kit" that includes a list of items that you can and can't send. And since March is Women's History Month the organization is offering a special opportunity to participate in a program called "Her Story". This program, unlike the regular My Soldier pen pal program is "...tailored to those groups or individuals who want to send some support without making a continuing commitment."

My sister has adopted a soldier and I'm planning to adopt one as well. Maybe you should too? Hopefully the letters and packages we send will brighten someone's day. Because hey, the world needs a little brightening.

~ Christina

2 Comments:

Blogger Felissa said...

I hope you get more people to do this. I am so great for giving you this info. Me

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Funny, I saw something about this in Bust magazine a while ago and I've been meaning to make a pair of socks for a female soldier. Your post reminded me that I need to do this soon!

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home