A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Bobbin's Nest Studio

A new sewing, knitting, crochet and embroidery retail store offering classes, packages, parties, and studio time has opened in Santa Clara.

Bobbin's Nest Studio
1171 Homestead Road, Suite 130
Santa Clara, California 95050
408.246.1121
www.bobbinsnest.com
Hours: Open: Tuesday- Saturday 11-7pm, Closed: Sunday and Monday



I've been by several times already and I love the ambiance of the store and the friendliness of the staff. My sister was looking for some yarn for a baby blanket and they spent over 15 minutes helping her pick out the perfect yarn (which included going to the back for over 16 balls of yarn several times - it was hard to make a decision). On another trip I took a seamstress friend with me and she bought this hard-to-find fabric she's been looking for. And of course I've purchased some great yarn for a few new secret projects I'm working on.

This Saturday at 11am they're opening the "Sewing Salon/Knitting Lounge" where sewing machines will be set up and ready for use! For $20/ hour you will be able to rent a sewing machine, use the cutting table, have access to their space and tools. As part of the opening of the salon/lounge they'll have "how-to" demos, a knitting guru on hand for one-on-one help and Jordana of Jordana Paige knitting bags will be there signing her bags from 1-3pm.

They're also starting a new weekly event called "Saturday Craft Brunch" that will be held every Saturday from 11-1pm. They'll have quiche, mimosas, scones, coffee and tea. What a great idea! I'm going to go by this Saturday and check it out. Hopefully I'll see you there!

~ Christina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home