A stitch in time...thoughts from an addicted knitter.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Needs vs. Wants

I was going to write tonight about finishing the green manos ribbed scarf...and then I read Yarn Harlots blogand decided I had something more important to post about.

Stephanie (AKA Yarn Harlot) started by talking about her BIL, who works for MSF (Medecines Sans Frontieres AKA Doctors Without Borders). She then posted a challenge on her blog and I think it's a very worthwhile message. She challenged her readers to think about our purchases throughout the week and decide if they were a "need" (food, water, shelter, medicine or safety) or a "want". She then urged us to donate the amount we would have spent on our "wants" to MSF.

I'm now urging you to do the same. If you decide to donate, here are the links:

MSF United States
MSF International

I feel so lucky to have a roof over my head (albeit a sketchy one), clothes on my back, food in my stomach and money for my "wants".

~ Christina

1 Comments:

Blogger Dympna said...

I know we are all a generous bunch.
The docs at my hospital are collecting money and clothes. So I think I'll clean out a few closets.
They are both from India and go home often to help their towns. So I know everything will be put to good use.

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home